We are seeking a skilled and motivated European and German Patent Attorney with a background in chemistry or life sciences (ideally a PhD) to join our dynamic team and contribute to the mission of protecting and maximizing the value of clients' innovations.
As a European and German Patent Attorney specializing in chemistry and/or life sciences, you will play a crucial role in providing expert guidance to our clients through the complex landscape of intellectual property law. This role involves preparing, prosecuting, and managing patent applications before the European Patent Office (EPO), opposing or defending patents in opposition/appeal proceedings before the EPO as well as preparing freedom-to-operate (FTO) and validity opinions and providing strategic counsel to clients on patent portfolio development. You can expect the best personal commitment and support from the responsible partner and our entire team, attractive development opportunities as part of our career model, continuous further training in the field of IP, the opportunity to work remotely, and a centrally located workplace in the immediate vicinity of the Munich inner-city public transport (S-Bahn).
- Patent Prosecution: Draft, file, and prosecute European patent applications related to chemistry/life sciences inventions.
- Oppositions/Appeals: Defending or opposing patents in EPO opposition proceedings and representing clients in oral proceedings.
- FTO and Validity Analysis: Conduct freedom-to-operate and validity analyses, guiding clients in making informed decisions regarding potential legal disputes.
- External Collaboration: Coordinate and collaborate with attorneys from other countries to provide international patent protection services to our clients.
- IP Strategy: Develop and execute strategic plans for clients' patent portfolios, aligning with their business goals and market dynamics within the biotechnology sector.
- Client Engagement: Collaborate directly with clients to understand their inventions, technologies, and business objectives. Provide strategic advice on patent protection strategies and assist in building strong patent portfolios.
- Networking: Represent the firm at relevant industry conferences, seminars, and events, building a strong professional network within the biotechnology community.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with colleagues within the firm, including attorneys from other practice areas, to provide comprehensive legal solutions to our clients.
- Qualified European and German Patent Attorney with a strong academic background in biotechnology (ideally a PhD) in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
- Preferably recently admitted as a patent attorney or having worked as professional in the chemistry/life sciences sector for a few years.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure high quality work products.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to assess complex scientific and technical information.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effectively interacting with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and German; knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application and discussing how you can become a valued member of our chemistry/biotechnology legal team.